Thursday, June 17, 2010

Starry Night

You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep...
I'd just stand and stare

Take the song as you will, but tonight I saw a sight that could only be described by these words. My brother and I found our backyard a lit with hundreds of  fireflies flitting all over. It was quite a sight to behold - an endless, fluorescent dance of sorts. Our backyard looked like a sparkling, shimmery canvas of dark blues and blacks, lit with tiny wisps of bright yellow. A tantalizing, gorgeous part of summer :)

I couldn't get a photo - my camera isn't strong enough for things of this sort, but I found a picture that sums it up perfectly --

{Fireflies}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...