Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Vogue India

I just spotted Vogue India's cover on High Heel Confidential, and I'm loving it! I wish I could get my hands on a copy, but alas since I live halfway across the world that will not be immediately possible. Anyhow, I love the dusky-skinned models in white, and I love that Vogue is celebrating Indian skin color. I'm fairer than most normal Indians, and all my aunts and grandmothers always seem to be fawning over my skin color unnecessarily! Every Indian magazine you flip through - even a copy of Seventeen India -  is loaded with ads for fairness creams that claim to lighten skin in days - usually with some kind of bleach. Not cool!!

Sorry about the rant, but personally I love dusky skin and I'm really happy that Vogue India is celebrating it :)
Here's the cover:
Vogue India, April 2010
(Image from http://www.vogue.in/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...